Senatus Consultum on amendment to the Senatus Consultum on the process for converting Capite Censi citizens to assidui citizens
SENATUS CONSULTUM ON AMENDMENT TO THE SENATUS CONSULTUM ON THE PROCESS FOR CONVERTING CAPITE CENSI CITIZENS TO ASSIDUI CITIZENS
- I. The SENATUS CONSULTUM ON THE PROCESS FOR CONVERTING CAPITE CENSI CITIZENS TO ASSIDUI CITIZENS shall be amended as follows:
- A. Section I shall be replaced by the following wording: "If a citizen who is classed as Capite censi, or a person who previously resigned Nova Roman citizenship and who now wishes to rejoin Nova Roma, wishes to be classed as assidui, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of Nova Roma shall examine the assidui centuries to determine which class the citizen falls within based upon his/her Album Civium recorded total century points."
- B. Section II shall be replaced by the following wording: "The tax rate the citizen in the Capite censi, or the person rejoining Nova Roma, shall be required to pay for the tax year in which he/she is moved to assidui status is equal to the amount specified in Section XVI of the SENATUS CONSULTUM ON THE PROCESS FOR SETTING THE NOVA ROMAN ANNUAL TAX RATE."
- C. Section III shall be replaced by the following wording: "A person who previously resigned Nova Roman citizenship and now wishes to rejoin Nova Roma shall pay in addition to the amount set out at Section II of this Senatus consultum, an administrative fee of $100 (one hundred dollars) USD."
- D. Section IV shall be added with the following wording: "Any amount owing under any previous payment arrangement, as per XVIII of the SENATUS CONSULTUM ON THE PROCESS FOR SETTING THE NOVA ROMAN ANNUAL TAX RATE, that remains outstanding and unpaid by the citizen wishing to move from the Capite censi to assidui status, or a person rejoining Nova Roma wishing to move to assidui status, must be paid in full, in addition to any amount owing under previous sections of this Senatus consultum, before assidui status can be granted."
- E. Section V shall be added with the following wording: "A citizen who failed to pay the annual tax for his/her class for the tax year immediately prior to the tax year in which he/she requests to make, or makes, a tax payment, but as a result of such failure has not yet been moved to the Capite censi by the Censors, shall be assessed for tax in the same manner as a member of the Capite censi and therefore shall have his/her tax assessed and levied under the process described in Section B above."