Register of Lists (Nova Roma)
Your First List To Join
- The ""New Roman" mailing list
- Right now it's the best way to get in touch with your fellow Nova Romans, unless you're lucky enough to live in a place where there's a local community. You can ask questions about anything relating to Nova Roma, ancient Rome, anything about our community and about all things Roman.
Official Mailing Lists
- The "Main List"
- A high-volume discussion group for internal political debates and heated civic controversies. This is our equivalent to the ancient forum with the people convened in a political assembly.
- The Announcement mailing list
- Contains official announcements; calls to vote, results of elections, magisterial edicts, etc. If you still want to have an ear to the ground to find out what's going on, but don't have the time to devote to a high-volume list, this list would be perfect for you.
- The ReligioRomana discussion group
- The official group for discussion on the Religio Romana (Roman religion).
Most provinces also have mailing lists.
There are also dozens of specialized email lists such as that maintained by our sodalitates, for example, that of the sodalitas for Roman cooking, the sodalitas for Latin language and culture, or the sodalitatas for Roman miltary.
Unofficial Mailing Lists
Lists run by citizens with various Nova Roma-related themes or purposes.
- "Aquila Heliaca"
- (public) A project to help save the Imperial Eagle
- "New Roman list"
- Some experienced citizens are waiting to answer questions and help you get oriented in this moderated low-traffic list.
The Nova Roma Senate identified these additional groups:
- SenateNR A private list for our Senate (archived).
- SenatusRomanus A private list for our Senate.
- NRWiki Used to assist citizen who edit our website.
- CONVENTVS_GVBERNATORVM A list for provincial governors.
- NRmagistrates A list for all magistrates.
The official monthly magazine of Nova Roma, Aquila, is the voice of our Res Publica.
Our IRC chat is open to citizens of Nova Roma. It is always available, but most people tend to participate on "Market Days", which occur every eighth day; you can view the current calendar to see when the next Market Day is - or drop in anytime.
Many citizens have chosen to publish their IDs in various instant message systems (Yahoo, AOL, IRC, etc.).