Comitia centuriata voting form 2763 AUC
Based on the edictum consulare Memmium concerning the organization of Nova Roman elections 2763 AUC and on the lex Fabia de ratione comitiorum centuriatorum
How to vote in the comitia centuriata
Voting is done by sending an e-mail to <email@example.com>
- Step 1/ Carefully read the Notes on and under THE VOTING FORM below ("1", "2" and "3");
- Step 2/ Copy the whole part below, called THE VOTING FORM, and paste it in the e-mail that you are going to send to cast your vote;
- Step 3/ BEFORE you send the email with THE VOTING FORM that you have pasted, you must insert your Voter Code into the THE VOTING FORM. If you can't obtain your Voter Code, insert your exact full Nova Roman name;
- Step 4/ Send the whole e-mail (which must contain THE VOTING FORM with your Voter Code with the elements that you will have inserted yourself, to the following address: <firstname.lastname@example.org>. You must send the e-mail from your address that is your officially registered e-mail address in your Album Civium ID account.
If you receive a non-delivery e-mail back, simply re-cast your vote: this address works and has been tested several times before the vote. Just keep the non-delivery notification in case your second message arrives after the voting deadline.
How to get your Voter Code
As soon as you have get your Voter Code, insert it into the THE VOTING FORM below, as explained.
- I. To get your voter code (6 alphanumerical characters):
- - Go to your Album Civium page. Make sure you are logged in via the box on the right of the screen.
- - Click on "Vote: vote here..." Around the 8th line, and the first "vote" is on a black background.
- At this time, there may be two possibilities:
- 1. - either the page gives you your voter code, saying:
- DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON! Your vote would not be processed.
- Just copy your voter code, save it, make a written note of it, and now paste it in the space below in THE VOTING FORM, following "MY VOTER CODE:__".
- 2. - or a page called "Request voting code" opens, in which you have the possibility to get your voter code by inserting your date of birth in a special chart. Your voter code will then be sent to you at your personal address, the one that you gave us and that is listed in our database.
- II. If you have NEVER HAD or STILL DO NOT HAVE a voter code, because you are a new citizen, ask for it immediately from the Presiding Magistrate at albucius_aoe at hotmail dot com. You will be given a special and provisional secured code, just for these elections.
- III. IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, you may send your vote without voter code, but the confidentiality of your vote will be naturally limited. By choosing this way, you agree to renounce every appeal or recourse, for such grounds, against the presiding magistrate, or more generally against every institution of Nova Roma Inc.
THE VOTING FORM
Copy the full text below, and, give your voter code, fill out the form, and send to <email@example.com>.
1. MY VOTER CODE: ________________ (insert Voter Code here).
2. MY VOTES:
2.A. ELECTING MAGISTRATES: You may vote for as many candidates as you wish, but you are advised to vote only for those candidates you strongly support.
- Censor (1 position/1 accepted candidate):
- MEMMIUS ALBUCIUS P.: UR
- Consuls (2 positions/2 accepted candidates):
- EQUITIUS CATO C. : UR
- ULLERIUS STEPHANUS VENATOR P. : UR
- Praetors (2 positions /3 accepted candidates):
- FABIUS MAXIMUS Q.: UR
- CORNELIUS GUALTERUS GRAECUS M.: UR
- IULIUS CAESAR Cn.: UR
2.B. LAW PROPOSALS
- Proposal 1. I approve Nova Roma Inc.'s activity during this past year 2763 AUC / 2010 CE and give mandate to next magistrates for 2764 AUC to propose the comitia (general meeting), as soon as possible in 2011, their main lines for this term, and to present the yearly financial report for 2763 (as soon as Nova Roma Inc.'s former C.F.O. has sent back to NR Inc. its documents and information, already requested).
- YES or NO (delete the inappropriate word)
- Proposal 2. I instruct Nova Roma censors (NR Inc. “secretaries”), no later than Id. Ian. 2764, to:
- bring back to twenty-two (22), number set in Nova Roma Inc.'s articles of incorporation of Jan. 2, 2001, the number of NR senators (“directors”);
- thus remove four (4) senators-directors at their own discretion, taking as the main criteria of their selection the participation of every one to the Senate-Board sessions and/or votes in 2010/2763 and their respect of Nova Roma institutions.
- YES or NO (delete the inappropriate word)
ATTENTION : once cast, your vote cannot be altered or withdrawn. (lex Fabia, ibid. VI, C)
- ↑ The currently applicable lex Fabia does not allow voters to express, for every candidate, either a negative vote, or an abstention. To express her/his disapproval or abstention for the considered proposal, the voter must delete the option [UR]. If this option is not deleted, the diribitores will consider that this candidate is approved. Unlike to the Plebeian elections, lex Fabia does not allow write-in candidates or abstaining.
- ↑ The first proposal is mandatory in the context of the legal working of a non-profit making corporation like Nova Roma Inc. (here incorporated in Maine, USA). The second one also aims to repair legal omission, being stated that every non-profit corporation incorporated in Maine must either specify the exact number of the members of its Board, or, in absence of such provision, respect the number set in the articles of incorporation.
- ↑ The lex Fabia, “in the case of legislation”, provides two alternative choices : “yes” (“UR”) or “no”. The voter must naturally delete the inappropriate word.