Senatus consultum ultimum de provinciis anno Sex. Lucilio C. Claudio P. Annaeo Q. Catulo tr. mil. cos. pot. (Nova Roma)
SENATUS CONSULTUM ULTIMUM DE PROVINCIIS ANNO SEX. LUCILIO C. CLAUDIO P. ANNAEO Q. CATULO TR. MIL. COS. POT.
Enacted on: a.d. XIV Kal. Feb. Sex. Lucilio C. Claudio P. Annaeo Q. Catulo tr. mil. cos. pot. ‡ XX ANRC et MMDCCLXX AUC (In the year of the Consular Tribunes Sex. Lucilius, C. Claudius, P. Annaeus and Q. Catulus, 19th January, 20 ANRC / 2770 AUC / 2017 AD)
I. Clarifying terminology of current Consular Tribunes as governors
The Senate of Nova Roma determines that a governor who is concurrently a Tribunus Militum Consulari Potestate may use, when acting in the capacity of governor, the title “Tribunus Militum Pro Consule” of the province. When addressing, or dealing with, legions, provinces or matters requiring imperium, all Tribuni Militum Consulari Potestate may use the title “Tribunus Militum Consulari Imperio” or “Tribunus Militum Pro Consule” as alternative title.
II. Assignment of provinces
A. The Senate of Nova Roma prorogues the term of the following governors:
1. Gnaeus Cornelius Lentulus as (a) Praefectus of Italia and (b) Legatus Pro Praetore of Pannonia. 2. Sextus Lucilius Tutor as Tribunus Militum Pro Consule of (a) Venedia and (b) Sarmatia. 3. Gaius Claudius Quadratus as Tribunus Militum Pro Consule of Canada Citerior. 4. Gaius Tullius Valerianus Germanicus as Proconsul of America Deserta.
B. The Senate of Nova Roma recognizes the following governors appointed before the coup d’état, but their full prorogation depends on their acceptance of this prorogation. The Tribuni Militum Consulari Potestate shall contact them and inquire about their acceptance of the prorogation:
1. Marcus Pompeius Caninus as Proconsul of Alasca et Havaia. 2. Quintus Fabius Maximus as Proconsul of (a) California Angelensis and (b) California Franciscensis. 3. Titus Iulius Sabinus as Proconsul of Dacia. 4. Publius Quinctius Petrus Augustinus as Legatus Pro Praetore of America Texia. 5. Gaius Marcius Crispus as Legatus Pro Praetore of Britannia. 6. Tiberius Marcius Ramazinus as Legatus Pro Praetore of America Gallica 7. Gaius Decius Laterensis as Legatus Pro Praetore of (a) Ohio and (b) Lacus Magni. 8. Aulus Iulius Paterculus as Legatus Pro Praetore of Nova Britannia Ulterior.
C. The Senate appoints the following citizens as new governors:
1. Gaius Claudius Quadratus as Tribunus Militum Pro Consule of Canada Ulterior. 2. Quintus Lutatius Catulus as Tribunus Militum Pro Consule of Hispania. 3. Titus Domitius Draco as Proconsul of (a) Mediatlantica and (b) Columbia. 4. Marcus Claudius Nero as Legatus Pro Praetore of Australia. 5. Tiberius Aurelius Longinus as Legatus Pro Praetore of Cismissippiana. 6. Lucius Marius Vestinus as Legatus Pro Praetore of Virginia.
D. The senate instructs Proconsul C. Tullius Valerianus Germanicus to appoint C. Petronius Africanus as his provincial Quaestor, second to command in his province, and, when in absence from administrative activity, to delegate the exercising of all government functions to the Quaestor.
E. Assignment of military provinces, legions and ungoverned territories
1. Inasmuch as the supreme command of all the ceremonial army, the legions and reenactor units of Nova Roma always belong to the highest magistrates with imperium who are the head of state of the res publica, and thus for the current year this commander-in-chief position belongs to the Tribuni Militum Consulari Potestate Sex. Lucilius Tutor, C. Claudius Quadratus, P. Annaeus Constantinus Placidus and Q. Lutatius Catulus, the actual administrative state command and ceremonial field command, as described in the SENATUS CONSULTUM ULTIMUM ON THE CONTINUED OPERATION OF THE RES PUBLICA DURING THE CRISIS V, is hereby granted to consular senator Cn. Cornelius Lentulus Alexander alongside with consular imperium and the title Proconsul, and to Proconsul T. Domitius Draco.
2. In order to exercise this command, satisfying the requirements of the SENATUS CONSULTUM ULTIMUM ON THE CONTINUED OPERATION OF THE RES PUBLICA DURING THE CRISIS V, Proconsul Cn. Cornelius Lentulus Alexander shall have greater imperium in all provinces than what the actual governors of the provinces possess (thus having administrative-ceremonial command over the legio XXI Rapax, the cohors VI Carpathica and all other legions whose status and loyalty is not clarified yet), with the exception of Provincia Mediatlantica and Provincia Columbia, where Proconsul T. Domitius Draco shall have the greatest imperium (and thus administrative-ceremonial command over the legio XXIV Media Atlantia). The only other modification to the SENATUS CONSULTUM ULTIMUM ON THE CONTINUED OPERATION OF THE RES PUBLICA DURING THE CRISIS V is pertinent to V.2, and the decision making power about the specific framework and operation of the “legionary activist program” described therein is placed hereby in the hands of the Tribuni Militum Consulari Potestate, who shall decide by unanimous decision, and such decision shall be approved by the involved administrative-ceremonial field commander, either the Proconsul Cn. Lentulus Alexander or the Proconsul T. Domitius, and also by all involved legion (reenactor group) commanders.
3. In order to take care of the provinces that have been left ungoverned, all provinces of Nova Roma that have still remained without assigned governors shall be temporarily assigned as the provinces of Proconsul Cn. Lentulus Alexander, with the condition that he should search for governor candidates for these provinces, and whenever a candidate is found to the governorship of any of these provinces, he shall appoint them as his legates, and the senate shall discuss their appointments as governors as soon as possible.