Conventus Novae Romae in Europa
The Conventus ("Gathering" or "Summit") is an annual meeting open to all citizens (and friends) of Nova Roma, held usually each year in a different European province. In the early years of Nova Roma, provinces bid to host the Conventus, and the winner was chosen by a committee chaired by one of the aediles curules. The arrangement was set out in an agreement among the participating provinces. Currently the organizer and the location of the Grand International Conventus of Nova Roma is determined by the senate and organization may be supervised by a Commissio Conventus Praeparandi (Conventus Organizing Committee).
The Conventus is an opportunity for Novi Romani from many parts of the world to meet face to face. The hosts usually provide visits to historical and archaeological sites and museums, and other entertainments such as Roman meals and games.
- I Conventus
- vide Nova Roma Rally (MMDCCLV) Tongeren, Belgium M. Octavio L. Sulla (II) cos. ‡ MMDCCLV a.u.c.
- II Conventus
- vide Nova Roma Rally (MMDCCLVI) Bologna, Italy K. Fabio T. Labieno cos. ‡ MMDCCLVI a.u.c.
- III Conventus
- Segovia (Hispania) Cn. Salvio Cn. Equitio cos. ‡ MMDCCLVII a.u.c.
- IV Conventus
- Rome (Italia) Fr. Apulo C. Laenate cos. ‡ MMDCCLVIII a.u.c. http://italia.novaroma.org/conventus2758/index.htm
- V Conventus
- Hadrian's Wall (Britannia) C. Buteone Po. Minucia cos. ‡ MMDCCLIX a.u.c.
- VI Conventus
- Bucharest and Herculane (Dacia) M. Moravio T. Iulio cos. ‡ MMDCCLXI a.u.c.
- VII Conventus
- Rome (Italia) C. Claudio T. Domitio (II) cos. ‡ MMDCCLXXI a.u.c.
- The senate determined that the next Conventus will be held in Pannonia Provincia, Budapest, Hungary, around May 10-20, next year (2020).