Lex Arminia de officiis aedilium plebis (Nova Roma)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 13:58, 1 February 2010
This lex is currently IN FORCE.
I. This law is intended to bring Nova Roma closer to the Ancient Way, and to contribute to the growth of the Res Publica through greater organization of its Plebeian Class.
II. This law brings the duties of the Plebeian Aediles into the scope of the Plebeian Class. These are not the sole duties of the plebeian aediles, since the Nova Roman Constitution or any law voted by the Comitia on this subject may give the plebeian aediles duties affecting the entire Res Publica.
A. Among these are keeping and managing any funds, equipment, buildings, or properties of the Plebs, or funds received by donation or fund raising, in the same way as any funds, equipment, buildings, or properties assigned to the care of the Plebs by the Nova Roma government are the responsibility of their aediles
B. The plebeian aediles will answer to the Tribunes for the properties of the Plebs.
C. Organizing and moderating the Comitia Plebis Tributa Forum.
- 1. Keeping the archives of the Plebs, all tribunician legislation, edicts of magistrates of the plebs (Tribunes, Plebeian Aediles).
- 2.Working together with other magistrates to keep the correct versions (and their translations when available) of these documents in the Tabularium.
E. Organizing at least two major plebeian ludi: the Ludi Cereales and the Ludi Plebeii.
- 1. The Plebeian Aediles are free to set the agenda of events for the Ludi, or even to change the dates of beginning/ending or the events as they deem appropriate.
- 2. If both Plebeian Aediles feel unable to organize one of these games, they may ask a Curule Aedile to organize the game. If neither Curule Aedile can organize the game, the game becomes responsibility of the Tribunes.
- 3. If both Plebeian Aediles are unreachable and the beginning of the Ludi is approaching, the Tribunes must reach an agreement between themselves or with the Curule Aediles to hold these ludi. These two Ludi may not be omitted in any way; they must occur.
- 4. The Plebeian Aediles will have the final responsibility in accordance with the morality and dignitas of the ludi.
F. Organizing the Tribunes' list of vetos or tribunician intercessio on a given subject, and providing it to the magistrates when asked.
G. Setting the agenda of the Comitia Plebis Tributa Voting, as it is elected after or at the same time as the approval of this lex by the Comitia.