Provincia America Austrorientalis - History (Nova Roma)/Scroll IV
SCROLL IV ~ The Annals of Marcus Vitellius Ligus
compiled by L. Vitellius Triarius from provincial and other sources within the Res publica
Marcus Vitellius Ligus was confirmed by the Senate as the fifth Propraetor America Austrorientalis on a.d. V Kal. Iun. ‡ Fr. Apulo C. Laenate cos. ‡ MMDCCLVIII a.u.c. | (28 May 2005 CE) and served until a.d. VII Kal. Iun. ‡ C. Buteone Po. Minucia cos. ‡ MMDCCLIX a.u.c. | (26 May 2006 CE).
- He declared that the new praetorium of Provincia America Austrorientalis was to be the city of Jacksonville, Florida. He extended and confirmed Edicta I, III and VIII of his predecessor.
- He ordered the reorganization of regiones.
- The Regio of Florida now consisted of the state of Florida.
- The Regio of Carolina now consisted of the states of North Carolina and South Carolina.
- The Regio of Georgia now consisted of the states of Georgia and Alabama.
- The Regio of Mississippi now consisted of the states of Mississippi and Louisiana.
- The Regio of Tenneessee now consisted of the states of Arkansas and Tennessee.
- Helena Galeria Aureliana was retained as Praefectus Regio (Legate) of the Carolina Regio of America Austrorientalis and Sacerdos Primus of America Austrorientalis.
- Lucius Vitellius Triarius was appointed as Praefectus Regio (Legate) of the Tennessee Regio of America Austrorientalis.