Gaius Fabius Buteo Modianus
Pompeia Minucia Strabo
|Consul||Gaius Fabius Buteo Modianus||Pompeia Minucia Strabo|
|Praetor||Titus Octavius Pius Ahenobarbus||Tiberius Galerius Paulinus|
|Censor||Gnaeus Equitius Marinus||Marcus Octavius Germanicus|
|Aedilis curulis||Titus Iulius Sabinus||Gaius Equitius Cato|
|Aedilis plebis||Julilla Sempronia Magna||Marca Hortensia Maior|
|Quaestor||Aulus Apollonius Cordus||Gaius Arminius Reccanellus|
|Quaestor||Gnaeus Cornelius Lentulus||Quintus Fabius Allectus|
|Quaestor||Titus Flavius Vespasianus||Gnaeus Iulius Caesar|
|Quaestor||Marcus Iulius Perusianus||Titus Marcius Felix|
|Tribunus plebis||Marcus Arminius Maior||Marcus Moravius Piscinus Horatianus|
|Tribunus plebis||Gnaeus Salvius Astur||Quintus Suetonius Paulinus|
|Tribunus plebis||Gaius Vipsanius Agrippa|
|Editor commentariorum||Marcus Cassius Philippus|
|Rogator||Aula Tullia Scholastica||Marcus Iulius Severus|
|Custos||Emilia Curia Finnica||Titus Licinius Crassus|
|Diribitor||Franciscus Apulus Caesar||Lucius Rutilius Minervalis|
|Diribitor||Quintus Servilius Priscus||Stephanus Ullerius Venator Piperbarbus|
|Curator aerarii||Patricia Cassia|
|Magister aranearius||Quintus Valerius Callidus|
- Officina Consulis Maioris MMDCCLIX
- Officina consulis minoris MMDCCLIX
- Officina aedilium curulum MMDCCLIX
- Officina aedilium plebis MMDCCLIX
Events of MMDCCLIX
- Consul Gaius Fabius Buteo Modianus announces that he started the year off with a Consular Sacrifice Ceremony.
- An Edict by Consul Gaius Fabius Buteo Modianus prompted a debate on the Constitution, the appointment of Augurs, and "ex post facto" laws. The Edict was ultimately withdrawn.
- Gaius Minucius Hadrianus Felix resigned as Censor and Senator.
- Consul Gaius Fabius Buteo Modianus issued the Edict: Establishment of Nova Roma Wiki. There was some concern raised by a few citizens that a Wiki within Nova Roma would be abused; it was only minor opposition and the Edict established the Wiki with no further objections.
- Consul Pompeia Minucia Strabo called for voting on Lex Moravia Minucia de Civitate Eiuranda and Lex Moravia Minucia Abdicatone Magistratum C.Pl.T. et C.Pop.T..
- Consul Gaius Fabius Buteo Modianus announced a call for candidates for Censor Suffectus, to replace Hadrianus. The call yielded one candidate, Consular Marcus Octavius Germanicus.
- Nova Roman and Italian citizens celebrated the birthday of Rome in the Eternal City.
April 4th to April 10th, Megalesia
- The extended program of Megalesia, with all needed information, is presented on the Curulis Aediles' website : http://www.crystalwebvision.com/aedil/index.htm
- On the 3rd, Consul Gaius Fabius Buteo Modianus convened the Comitia Centuriata to fill the office of Censor Suffectus. On the 17th the new Censor, Marcus Octavius Germanicus was announced.
- Problems with a citizen by the name of Appius Claudius Priscus reached a high point in Iunius. Consul Gaius Fabius Buteo Modianus tried to call the senate to expel this citizen, as well as put together a court to expel this citizen -- both endeavors were unsuccessful. Consul Gaius Fabius Buteo Modianus did issue several Edicts as a result of this citizen: Edictum III: On Fascism, Edictum IV: On Representing Nova Roma, and Edictum VI: Regarding Appius Claudius Priscus. The citizen in question eventually resigned from Nova Roma on his own.
- Pontifex Quintus Caecilius Metellus Pius Postumianus announced the results of a meeting of the Collegium Pontificum: Responsum Pontificum de Collegio Pontificum and Responsum Pontificum de Quattor Summis Collegiis.
- The V Conventus Novae Romae was held in Britannia, near Hadrian's Wall. Citizens from Britain, continental Europe, and North America attended.
- Senator Lucius Arminius Faustus returned to the Republic's public life, one year after he announced he would have to withdraw from public life due to private changes.
- Nova Roma was represented and promoted by Provincia Italia during the Mercato della Centuriazione in Villadose (RV), the greatest reenacting event in Italy.
- Senatores were made privy to the deliberations of the Collegium Pontificum.
- The Comitia for elections of the magistrates for next year were called. The results were late due to the illness of one diribitor. Lucius Arminius Faustus and Tiberius Galerius Paulinus were elected consuls for the incoming year (MMDCCLX AUC); Gaius Equitius Cato and Aula Tullia Scholastica were elected praetors; and Gaius Fabius Buteo Modianus was elected censor.