Tiberius Galerius Paulinus (Nova Roma)
was a censorial and consular senator, and he served his third term as tribunus plebis and eighth year as proconsul when he passed away on prid. Kal. Sep. ‡St. Cornelia C. Aemilio cos. ‡ MMDCCLXVII a.u.c., at 57 years of age. He was born in the 2710th anniversary of the founding of Rome, and he died at the 2000th anniversary of the death of Augustus, founder of the empire. He was respected and praised by his fellow citizen throughout his life in Nova Roma and after his death as one of the finest Nova Romans.
- Pay your tribute and your commemoration to the In memory of Ti. Galerius Paulinus page.
- HELP TO REMEMBER OUR PAULINUS: DONATIONS TOWARDS FUNERAL COSTS
Ti. Paulinus was censor twice, a special honor in a Roman society. At the age of 60, for the 10th year of Nova Roma, he was elected consul' L. Arminio Ti. Galerio cos. ‡ MMDCCLX a.u.c. in which capacity he promulgated laws, the leges Galeriae, and led our republic with great diligence while his consular colleague was mostly absent. He was a remarkable praetor and distinguished himself by serving the plebs and the republic three times as tribunus plebis, uniquely in Nova Roma so far. Ti. Paulinus was quaestor twice, as consular quaestor to consul C. Popillius Laenas, and as quaestor to aedilis curulis Cn. Equitius Marinus. He also served Nova Roma as editor commentariorum.
He was a member of the Nova Roman senate since his election as praetor. He had the distinction of being the first plebeian elected censor in Nova Roman history. Along with his colleague, C. Popillius Laenas, they have the further distinction of serving as the first pair of plebeian censores.
He was born on dies solis a.d. V Kal. Sex. ‡ MMDCCX A.U.C. in Washington, D.C. He was a life-long resident of Terra Maria (Maryland) in the Nova Roman province of Mediatlantica. He became a Nova Roman citizen ondies lunae a.d. XII Kal. Feb. ‡ M. Octavio L. Sulla (II) cos. ‡ MMDCCLV a.u.c..
Visit the Officina Consulis Minoris MMDCCLX
- from M. Moravio T. Iulio cos. ‡ MMDCCLXI a.u.c. to M. Curiatio M. Iulio cos. ‡ MMDCCLXII a.u.c.
- from Cn. Caesare C. Tullio cos. ‡ MMDCCLXV a.u.c. to L. Sulla (III) cos. sine collega ‡ MMDCCLXVI a.u.c.
- Cn. Salice Cn. Equitio cos. ‡ MMDCCLVII a.u.c.
- P. Memmio K. Buteone (II) cos. ‡ MMDCCLXIII a.u.c.
- St. Cornelia C. Aemilio cos. ‡ MMDCCLXVII a.u.c.
- Coryphaeus of Sodalitas Musarum