Session October 2770
Lucius Cornelius Sulla Felix, Princeps Senatus
The Senate of Nova Roma currently has 16 members, all of whom are senators with full rights. Decius Iunius Palladius Invictus is on Leave - his Proxy is assigned to Lucius Cornelius Sulla Felix - therefore, as per XI.J of the SENATUS CONSULTUM DE RATIONE SENATUS MMDCCLXV, he is deemed present.
Thus, there are 16 voting members of the Senate giving a minimum quorum of 11 voting members. With 16 voting members present the quorum is achieved.
09:00 AM Arizona Time of a.d. V Non. Oct. 2770 AVC (03 October 2017) Call to order. Debate period commences. 09:00 AM Arizona Time of pr. Id. Dec. 2770 AVC (12 December 2017) Debate period ends. 09:00 AM Arizona Time of Id. Dec. 2770 AVC (13 December 2017) Call to vote. Voting period commences. 09:00 AM Arizona Time of a.d. XIV Kal. Ian. 2770 AVC (19 December 2017) Voting period ends. 09:00 AM Arizona Time of a.d. XIII Kal. Ian. 2770 AVC (20 December 2017) Call to close issued before this time.
I Vote on whether to support the demands of the litigants II Senatus Consultum on cease and desist letter regarding trademark III Senatus Consultum on the conditions of use of the Nova Roman trademark
List of Senators who voted in this session
The following 13 senators cast votes in time during this formal session of the Senate. Their initials and full names are listed below in alphabetical order by nomen:
Initials Name PACP P. Annaeus Constantinus Placidus MCGG M. Cornelius Gualterus Graecus LCSF L. Cornelius Sulla Felix, Acting Princeps Senatus SCVIA Sta. Cornelia Valeriana Iuliana Aeternia CnIC Cn. Iulius Caesar DIPI D. Iunius Palladius Invictus, Princeps Senatus (on leave) TIS T. Iulius Sabinus CMCV C. Maria Caeca CPD C. Petronius Dexter MPC M. Pompeius Caninus QSP Q. Suetonius Paulinus CTVG C. Tullius Valerianus Germanicus PUSV P. Ullerius Stephanus Venator
Item I - Vote on whether to support the demands of the litigants
- Up or down vote on accepting the full demands presented by the plaintiffs in the potential civil case against the Dictatura of 2015/2016.
Vote Result Uti rogas 3 Antiquo 10 Abstineo 0 Failed
Initials Vote Comments DIPI Antiquo LCSF Antiquo SCVIA Antiquo CTVG Uti rogas CnIC Antiquo TIS Antiquo MPC Antiquo "As in any civil case, a settlement is rarely achieved by acceptance of a first, or even second, set of demands. The Senate attempted to negotiate in good faith in 2016 and rather than respond with counter proposals the plaintiffs just walked away from the table. A few points still need to be negotiated: All citizens should pay taxes for the year in which elections are held to become assidui. Waiving of late fees may be negotiable. The specifics relating to arranging the centuries have not been agreed to, and with no magistrates, only the Senate can oversee elections, so further discussion is required. Let us be mindful of the fact that the "rump organization" held extra-constitutional elections, and many assidui citizens of Nova Roma were unable to vote. Further discussion is also required before any acknowledgment of actions and decisions in the "non-corporate rump organization" can be considered valid. Since the rump organization was formed outside of the Nova Roma Constitution, and an interrex was installed in violation of its provisions, and since only citizens who were in the rump organization could vote, none of its actions are valid, so, again, further discussion and specifics are required." PACP Uti rogas CMCV Antiquo MCGG Antiquo PUSV Antiquo QSP Antiquo CPD Uti rogas
Item II - Senatus Consultum on cease and desist letter regarding trademark
- SENATUS CONSULTUM ON CEASE AND DESIST LETTER REGARDING TRADEMARK
- Approve Nova Roma's attorney to file a cease and desist letter to the community to cease using our trademarks.
Vote Result Uti rogas 9 Antiquo 4 Abstineo 0 Passed
Initials Vote Comments DIPI Uti rogas LCSF Uti rogas SCVIA Uti rogas CTVG Antiquo CnIC Uti rogas TIS Uti rogas MPC Antiquo "Enforcement actions for trademark violations should wait until we have a response from the plaintiffs regarding the Senate's vote on their demands." PACP Antiquo CMCV Uti rogas MCGG Uti rogas PUSV Uti rogas QSP Uti rogas CPD Antiquo
Item III - Senatus Consultum on the conditions of use of the Nova Roman trademark
- SENATUS CONSULTUM ON THE CONDITIONS OF USE OF THE NOVA ROMAN TRADEMARK
- 1. The Senatus consultum entitled "Senatus consultum regarding flag copyright permissions" is repealed forthwith. The automatic previous permission granted for all Citizens, magistrates, provincia, sodalitates, and other organizations of Nova Roma, to use the image the Nova Roman trademarked flag on any website/web locations/social media page related to Nova Roma is also revoked, both for existing and future users.
- 2. That automatic permission granted under the above repealed Senatus consultum is replaced by a conditional approval, subject to any subsequent review by the Senate of Nova Roma Inc. where the content of such a website/web locations/social media page related to Nova Roma is deemed by a vote of the Senate to be detrimental to the corporate interests of Nova Roma Inc.
- 3. Conditional use of the trademark (the image of which may, at the time of the propagation of this Senatus consultum, be found at spqr.jpg on the main novaroma.org website) is subject also to the following conditions:
- a. When used, the image may not be altered in any way except to scale it up or down in size.
- b. The image must be accompanied by the following HTML code (unaltered) somewhere on the same page as the flag image: "The Nova Roman 'Gold SPQR in a gold wreath on a crimson field' flag is a use-protected trademark of Nova Roma and is used with permission."
- c. Permission to use the image of the Nova Roman flag in other contexts, in altered form, or without the accompanying attribution must be obtained from the Senate in Formal Session, by means of a vote.
- d. The Aediles Curules (Curule Aediles) shall maintain a collection of Nova Roma trademark images approved explicitly for personal use on websites, social media, and physical items intended for one's own personal use. Placing Nova Roma trademarks on physical items that are offered for sale or commercial gain is considered a commercial use of Nova Roma trademarks and as such must be approved in advance in accordance with paragraph 3(e) below.
- e. Any commercial use of Nova Roma trademarks must be approved by petitioning the Aediles Curules (Curule Aediles). The Aediles Curules (Curule Aediles) shall refer such requests to the Senate for review. The use of Nova Roma trademarks for commercial purposes, including reproduction on merchandise, is expressly prohibited unless the producer completes a license agreement approved by the Senate in Formal Session. Such commercial use is then governed by the terms of the approved and executed license agreement. Nova Roma does not grant conditional approval for such commercial use.
- 4. Revocation of the conditional permission to use the trademark (as at 2 above) shall be communicated to the manager/owner/controller of the web location and a request to remove the device within 14 (fourteen) days, or if such a person is unrecoverable, to the service provider that hosts such a location within any time-frame deemed fit by the Senate.
- 5. Should the trademark not be removed upon the expiry of any time limit set by the Senate, the Senate shall, by further vote in Formal Session, determine if legal action should be taken, and if so to act according to the directions contained in any Senatus consultum issued to that effect.
Vote Result Uti rogas 10 Antiquo 3 Abstineo 0 Passed
Initials Vote Comments DIPI Uti rogas LCSF Uti rogas SCVIA Uti rogas CTVG Antiquo CnIC Uti rogas TIS Uti rogas MPC Uti rogas PACP Antiquo CMCV Uti rogas MCGG Uti rogas PUSV Uti rogas QSP Uti rogas CPD Antiquo
Session Voting Summary Results by Senator
A visual summary of the votes cast by each Senator:
Initials Item I Item II Item III PACP I II III MCGG I II III LCSF I II III SCVIA I II III CnIC I II III DIPI I II III TIS I II III CMCV I II VI CPD I II III MPC I II III QSP I II III CTVG I II III PUSV I II III|-
- Legend: Green - Uti rogas (Yes), Red - Antiquo (No), Yellow - Abstineo (Abstain)