It seems that if I use italics in a heading it becomes impossible to make a functioning link to that heading from within the article. If I use the link [[Senate procedures#''Relatio'']] the system doesn't recognize it as a link at all, and if I use [[Senate procedures#Relatio]] then the system is unable to find the heading I'm trying to link to. Any way around this? - Cordus 19:28, 24 October 2006 (CDT)
- a VIEW SOURCE in Mozilla indicates that the anchor has the attribute: :name="Relatio_.28matter_for_discussion.29"
- (28 and 29 are ascii values for waxing/waning parentheses)
- linking to #Relatio_.28matter_for_discussion.29 should probably do it.
- The italics don't seem to actually get into the automatically generated 'name' attribute. Marcus Octavius Gracchus(t) 20:19, 24 October 2006 (CDT)
- Thanks. - Cordus 18:09, 27 October 2006 (CDT)
- Ah! Now I understand - it wasn't the italics causing the problem at all, it was just that I'd forgotten what the heading actually said. D'oh. - Cordus 18:24, 27 October 2006 (CDT)