Publius Claudius Caecus (Nova Roma)
he was the first magistrate of the modern era to organize formal online events to celebrate the ludi.
Publius Claudius Caecus was also the first web master for the province of Canada Citerior. He served in this capacity as scriba to Propreator P. Minucia Strabo.
During the years of K. Fabio T. Labieno cos. ‡ MMDCCLVI a.u.c. and Cn. Salvio Cn. Equitio cos. ‡ MMDCCLVII a.u.c. Publius Claudius Caecus took a leave on absence from Nova Roma to focus on his studies.
During this time he as contributed to Nova Roma as a private citizen when possible.
Publius Claudius Caecus is a practicing physican and holds a medical doctorate having first obtained a bachelor of medical science with a minor in ancient history. Within his historical studies he has written academic manuscripts on the role of religion in ancient Greek and Roman medicine which have been published in the Journal of the History of Medicine and Allied Sciences. His main academic focus in this area has been the cult of Asclepius and Galenic medicine as practiced during the imperial era.
Publius Claudius Caecus has been continuously involved in academic activity related to ancient Roman history:
- Organized fundraisers outside of Nova Roma to raise funds to excavate and protect the "Villa of the Papyri" in Herculaneum. C. Buteone Po. Minucia cos. ‡ MMDCCLIX a.u.c.
- Conducted field research in Campania sponsored by the University of Naples focusing on the cult of Asclepius and Galenic practice of Medicine in the ancient world. L. Arminio Ti. Galerio cos. ‡ MMDCCLX a.u.c.
- Completed field research in Heraklion and Istanbul evaluating early public health infustructure during the 5th and 6th centuries. Cn. Caesare C. Tullio cos. ‡ MMDCCLXV a.u.c.
- ↑ ; Official recognition of appointment to priesthood
- ↑ ; Oath of office after being elected Aedile
- ↑ ; Offical proclimation of the opening of the first Ludi Cerialia of Nova Roma
- ↑ ; Edict of appointment to Scriba
- ↑ ; First public statement upon returning to Nova Roma