Provincia Britannia - Edicta - D. Iunius Silanus 1 (Nova Roma)
Edictum concerning the reorganization of provincia Britannia
Issued by governor D. Iunius Silanus
Ex Officio Propraetoris Britanniae.
Edictum Propraetoricium concerning the reorganisation of Provincia Britannia.
- 1. The provincia of Britannia is hereby divided into three regios as territorial sub-units.
- 2. Each regio will be governed by appointed Legati. Regios without appointed Legati will be governed directly by the Propraetor Britanniae.
- 3. Three regios are established.
- The Regio of Britannia Superior.
- Extent of regio: Greater London, the northern borders of the counties of Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, Northamptonshire and Norfolk, and circumscribed by the southern coastline of Britain, including all outlying islands.
- The Regio of Britannia Inferior.
- Extent of regio: Wales, the Scottish border to the north and the southern borders of the counties of Hereford and Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Leicestershire, Rutland and Lincolnshire, and the coastlines between these two borders east and west, including all outlying islands.
- The Regio of Caledonia.
- Extent of regio: Scotland, including all outlying islands.
- 4. Further division or amalgamation of these defined regios remains at the discretion of the Propraetor Britanniae.
- 5. This edictum becomes effective immediately.
Given on March 9th, in the year of the consulship of Marcus Octavius Germanicus and Lucius Cornelius Sulla Felix, 2755 AUC.
Decimus Iunius Silanus Propraetor Britanniae.