Vicus Bucurestium (Nova Roma)
Oppidum Bucurestium is a local subdivision of the Provincia Dacia Nova Roma and can join and belong to it, nova roman citizens who have their residence in the city of Bucharest (Romania).
The oppidum rules are stipulated by the Foedus de constitutione civitatis Oppidi Bucurestium and lex Fabia de oppidis et municipiis. The foundation of the oppidum was promoted by the nova roman citizens of Bucharest and approved by propraetor T. Iulius Sabinus with the provincial edict V. Oppidum Bucurestium is governed by the aediles oppidi, which, in number of two, with the same status and powers, represents the magistrates of more high rank within the oppidum. The aediles oppidi are elected by comitia oppidana, between 1st of January and the 28th of February of every year, and assumes the position 1st of March of the year.
The Oppidum Bucurestium uses in this moment the same mailing list of Provincia Dacia Nova Roma and there, the official oppidum announcements are published and the news as well, in the same time with discussions about events and meetings periodically organized.
- Aula Arria Carina
- Oppius Fabius Montanus
- Kaeso Fabius Carnifex
- Marcus Flavius Cordus
- Iulia Caesar Cytheris Aege
- Quintus Iulius Probus
- Titus Iulius Sabinus
- Titus Iulius Sabinus Crassus
- Lucia Iulia Severa
- Tiberia Iulia Tutrix
- Fausta Maria Bellatrix
- Gaius Prometheus Dacicus
- Marcus Prometheus Decius Golia
- a.d. XVI Kal. Iun. ‡ P. Ullerio C. Equitio cos. ‡ MMDCCLXIV a.u.c. Cives oppidum participate to Nova Roma census.
- Kal. Iun. ‡ M. Curiatio M. Iulio cos. ‡ MMDCCLXII a.u.c. Commemoration of Publius Ovidius Nasso - 2000 years from his exile to Tomis.
- a.d. IV Kal. Quin. ‡ M. Moravio T. Iulio cos. ‡ MMDCCLXI a.u.c. In cooperation with Legio I Italica, oppidum members will participate to the European Roman Festival: 'The eagle on the Danube'. Nova Roma Dacia was approved as official participant.
- a.d. IV Kal. Apr. ‡ M. Moravio T. Iulio cos. ‡ MMDCCLXI a.u.c. In cooperation with the Bulgarian agency of tourism, oppidum members will participate to the Romanian Tourism Fair to promote the European Roman Festival from Novae.
- Kal. Mar. ‡ M. Curiatio M. Iulio cos. ‡ MMDCCLXII a.u.c. T. Iulius Sabinus and A. Arria Carina, were nominated as aediles oppidi.
- Kal. Quin. ‡ M. Moravio T. Iulio cos. ‡ MMDCCLXI a.u.c. From oppidum, 9 citizens participated to the VI Conventus Novae Romae in Bucharest or Baile Herculane.
- Kal. Mar. ‡ M. Moravio T. Iulio cos. ‡ MMDCCLXI a.u.c. Op. Fabius Montanus and F. Maria Bellatrix were nominated as aediles oppidi
- a.d. XI Kal. Iun. ‡ L. Arminio Ti. Galerio cos. ‡ MMDCCLX a.u.c. C. Marius Maior, procurator of Dacia and consular quaestor passed into afterlife.
- a.d. VI Id. Mar. ‡ L. Arminio Ti. Galerio cos. ‡ MMDCCLX a.u.c. First oppidum meeting.
- a.d. XV Kal. Mar. ‡ L. Arminio Ti. Galerio cos. ‡ MMDCCLX a.u.c. First aediles oppidi were elected: A. Arria Carina and L. Iulia Severa
- a.d. V Id. Ian. ‡ L. Arminio Ti. Galerio cos. ‡ MMDCCLX a.u.c. Oppidum Bucurestium was created.
The laws and edicts section is available here.