Codex Juris Novae Romae
The Codex Juris Novae Romae presents the leges of Nova Roma by dividing them by subjects, presenting a consolidated version (meaning, with all the changes intervened during the years) of each law and links to the amending texts and expunging the abrogated laws.
The Constitution of Nova Roma
Laws of Nova Roma
- Lex Cornelia de privatis rebus
- About the definition and uses of cives' confidential, private, sensitive and personal information by the magistrates of Nova Roma.
- Lex Vedia de civitatis petitionibus inter suffragia
- About the requests of citizenship coming during a comitial proceeding.
- Lex Vedia de assiduis et capite censis
- About the classification between taxpayers and non-taxpayers and their respective status.
Implicitly abrogated by the Lex Apula de assiduis et capite censis
- Lex Cornelia et Maria de civitate eiuranda
- About resignation of citizenship and its consequences.
- Lex Cornelia et Maria de mutandis nominibus
- About adding, altering or substituting any portion of a civis' Roman name
Several or all the Comitia
- Lex Vedia de ratione automataria
- About the announcement of the results of a vote.
Note: The "Lex Vedia de ratione eligium", to which this law refers to, is not to be found anywhere in the NR Tabularium and was probably abrogated. Yet, in the uncertainty, the law is presented here until a more sure information can be obtained.
- Lex Salicia de tribunicia comitiorum convocatione
- About the procedures by which the Tribuni Plebis shall call the Comitia Plebis Tributa and the Comitia Populi Tributa to order.
- Lex Fabia de ratione comitiorum centuriatorum
- About the procedures by which the Comitia Centuriata shall conduct the business of electing magistrates, voting on leges, and voting to convict or acquit citizens brought to trial before it.
Comitia Plebis Tributa
- Lex Moravia de suffragiis in comitiis plebis tributis et ratione comitiorum plebis tributorum
- About the procedures by which the Comitia Plebis Tributa shall conduct the business of electing magistrates, voting on leges, and voting to convict or acquit citizens brought to trial before it.
Comitia Populi Tributa
- Lex Fabia de ratione comitiorum populi tributorum
- About the procedures by which the Comitia Populi Tributa shall conduct the business of electing magistrates, voting on leges, and voting to convict or acquit citizens brought to trial before it.
Gentes and Familiae
- Lex Iunia Cornelia de patrumfamiliae matrumfamiliaeque aetate
- About the minimum age required in order to create a new gens
- Lex Cornelia de tabulis gentium Novarum Romanarum agendis
- About the registration of gentes, patresfamiliae and matresfamiliae with the Office of Censors.
- Lex Labiena de praetoribus agendis in loco parentium
- About the conditions to be met for the Praetores to act in loco parentis.
- Lex Equitia familiaris
- About the civil status of citizens, familiæ, marriage, and everything pertaining to citizens' rights and life within Nova Roma.
Tribes and Centuries
Several or all the Magistrates
- Lex Iunia de iusiurando
- About the oath that the magistrates have to take assuming their offices
- Lex Grylla de securandis magistratus plebis
- About the procedures to apply should candidacies for tribunes or aediles plebis not be proposed in December.
- Lex Iunia de magistratuum aetate
- About the minimum age required to hold specific magistracies.
- Lex Vedia de cursu honorum
- About the qualifications for holding magistracies.
- Lex Cornelia Iunia de definitione intervallorum magistratuum
- About the number of times a person may hold certain elected magistracies during a specified time period.
- Lex Salicia de prorogatione et cumulatione
- About the reestablishment the ancient prohibitions of prorogatio, continuatio and cumulatio.
Magisterial Decrees (Edicta)
- Lex Vedia de ratione edictorum
- About the guidelines for the issuance of magisterial edicta.
- Lex Arminia de ratione edictorum
- About the guidelines for the issuance of magisterial edicta.
Censores, their powers and duties
- Lex Fabia de censu
- About the procedures to be followed for the Census.
Consuls, their powers and duties
- Lex Iunia de Temporum Definitione Consulatuum
- About the number of times a person may hold the office of consul during a specified time period.
Implicitly abrogated by the Lex Cornelia Iunia de Temporum Deinitone Magistratuum
Tribunes, their powers and duties
- Lex Labiena de intercessione
- About the process by which tribuni plebis may use their power of intercessio.
- Lex Didia Gemina de potestate tribunicia
- About the powers of the tribunes.
Vigintisexviri, their powers and duties
- Lex Vedia de vigintisexviris
- About the creation of the Curator Araeneum, Curator Differum, two Rogatores and delineating their functions.
- Lex Labienia de iure edicendi vigintisexvirorum
- About the decrees of the vigintisexviri
Apparitores, their powers and duties
- Lex Vedia apparitoria
- About the creation of the decuria of apparitores and delineating their functions.
- Lex Vedia senatoria
- About the guidelines by which the censors may add names to the list of Senators which they maintain.
- Lex Octavia de senatoribus
- About membership in the Senate.
- Lex Moravia de renuntiatione senatus actorum
- About the procedures for reporting the Senate's call to order and the results of its meetings
- Pontifex Experience and Service Decretum
- Prerequisites for inclusion as a Pontifex.
- Collegium Pontificum minimum requirements
- Directive concerning expectations of involvement and responsibilities in order to retain the official Priesthood status.
- Priesthood assidui status requirement
- About the requirement to hold assidui Citizen status in order to retain the official Priesthood status.
- Decretum Pro Qui in Collegium Pontificum et Collegium Augurum
- About the rules and procedures for what positions exist within the collegium pontificum and collegium augurum, who may present candidates for consideration for those offices, and other relevant information regarding them.
- Decretum de ratione pontificum collegii
- About the rules and procedures for discussion and the taking of votes in the collegium pontificum.
- Decretum de ratione augurum
- About the rules and procedures for discussion and the taking of votes in the collegium augurum.
- Decretum pontificum de ratione comitiorum curiatorum
- About the rules and procedures for the actions of the comitia curiata.
- Decretum Pontificum about the liturgical language
- About the official liturgical language in Nova Roma.
- Lex Salicia iudiciaria
- About the judicial system in Nova Roma.
- Lex Salicia poenalis
- About crimes and punishments.
- Lex Equitia Galeria de legibus ex post pactis
- About the status of ex post facto laws.
- Decretum Pontificum about the crime of blasphemy
- About the crime of blasphemy.
- Lex Cassia de creatione sodalitatum
- About the creation of sodalitates
- Lex Octavia de sermone
- About the Forum of Nova Roma.
- Lex Labiena de custodia perpetua fori
- About the prorogatio of the moderators.
- Lex Cornelia de tempore publico constituendo
- About the standard time in Nova Roma.
- Lex Cornelia de linguis publicis
- About the official languages of Nova Roma and relative measures.
- Decretum Pontificum about the Nova Roma calendar
- About the Nova Roman official calendar.
- Lex Fabia de oppidis et municipiis
- About Nova Roman local communities.