Praefectus Officio Consulari itemque Praetorio (Nova Roma)
The praefectus Officio Consulari itemque Praetorio, or praefectus Praetorio for short is the chief of staff of the consular government of Nova Roma. The term praetorium means "presidency", "presidential headquarters", and this officer is responsible for the running of the office and headquarters of the consuls. The main duty of the praefectus praetorio is to ensure that all officers of the Consular Office work according to the expectations of the consuls, and all policies and directives are observed, implemented and executed. As the consuls are the supreme commanders-in-chief of the legions of Nova Roma, the praefectus praetorio is also the reenactment military Chief of Staff, and is responsible for the coordination and implementation of consular policies within the Roman Reenactment Army of Nova Roma.
For effective government and administration, the offices of praefectus rei publicae (which is the modern equivalent of the ancient Roman praefectus urbi, and praefectus praetorio have been combined in Nova Roma and is usually held by the same officer.
List of all appointments as praefectus praetorio
1. Cn. Cornelius Lentulus as praefectus Officio Consulari et Praetorio
- from prid. Kal. Dec. ‡ to prid. Kal. Ian. ‡ Cn. Lentulo Alexandro T. Domitio cos. ‡ MMDCCLXIX a.u.c.
2. Cn. Cornelius Lentulus as praefectus Officio Tribunicio Praetorio
- from a.d. III Kal. Mar. ‡ Sex. Lucilio C. Claudio P. Annaeo Q. Catulo tr. mil. cos. pot. ‡ MMDCCLXX a.u.c. to a.d. III Kal. Mar. ‡ C. Claudio T. Domitio (II) cos. ‡ MMDCCLXXI a.u.c. (the title changed to "praef. Officio Interregis Praetorio" on prid. Id. Oct. ‡ Sex. Lucilio C. Claudio P. Annaeo Q. Catulo tr. mil. cos. pot. ‡ MMDCCLXX a.u.c. and to "praef. Officio Consulari Praetorio" on Kal. Ian. ‡ C. Claudio T. Domitio (II) cos. ‡ MMDCCLXXI a.u.c.)
3. Cn. Cornelius Lentulus as praefectus Officio Consulari itemque Praetorio