Regio (Nova Roma)
Home| Latíné | Deutsch | Español | Français | Italiano | Magyar | Português | Română | Русский | English
·Territorial Subdivisions ·
·Territorial Administration ·
Nova Roma is divided into a number of provinciae, and some provinciae are subdivided into a number of regiones. A regio can comprise a single country or several, or on the other end of the spectrum, can be made up of sub-national units from a single country. Governors of the provinces have the power to create a regio and to appoint or replace leaders of a regio. If a regio is needed to be further subdivided, the governor can use the term civitas to denote the subsection of a regio. The term civitas may also be used instead of the term regio for a territorial community of Nova Roma where the number of active citizens and the level of "nova romanization" of its citizens has not yet achieved a significant level.
Regiones are governed either by a praefectus or a legatus who function as a lieutenant governor of the regio, but there are some instances where a procurator or even a scriba gets the management of a Nova Roman regio. All regional leaders are responsible and strictly subordinate to the provincial governor and have no imperium. Lieutenant governors can not issue edicts or appoint officers, the provincial governor, however, can do it for them.
Regiones in provinciae of Nova Roma
- Regio Rostallonensis
- (Provincia Pannonia) http://www.facebook.com/groups/252641174769507/
- Regio Marcomannia
- (Provincia Pannonia) https://www.facebook.com/NovaRomaRegioMarcommania
- Regio Lusitania
- (Provincia Hispania) http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NRLusitania
List of the current regional lieutenant governors
- Regio Rostallonensis - Praefectus Regionis Rostallonensis - C. Villius Vulso
- Regio Marcomannia - Legatus Regionis Marcomanniae - Sex. Lucilius Tutor
- Civitas Boihaemum - Praefectus Civitatis Boihaemi - Ti. Iulius Nerva
- Regio Lusitania - Praefectus Regionis Lusitaniae - C. Cocceius Spinula
nb: For details on the vacant regions, contact the governor of the provincia for details.