Praefectus (Nova Roma)
Home| Latíné | Deutsch | Español | Français | Italiano | Magyar | Português | Română | Русский | English
·Territorial Subdivisions ·
·Territorial Administration ·
A praefectus is an appointee of high rank to serve for various tasks. Praefecti can be appointed either by magistrates or by the senate, but regularly they are appointed by magistrates with imperium.
The most distinctive praefectura office in Nova Roma is the governorship of Italia, the office of the praefectus Italiae.
A list of notable praefecti in Nova Roma:
- Praefectus Italiae - The highest ranking among the praefecti in Nova Roma, and the only one that has imperium. The praefectus Italiae is the governor of Italia Nova Romana, appointed by the senate. The praefectus Italiae has imperium and is entitled to six lictores and sella curulis, and to all powers and privilegies that are granted to the normal governors.
- Praefectus regionis - The prefect of a geographic political district of a province, appointed by the governor to oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of the appointed regio. He is a member of the cohors praetoria and consilium provinciae and does not have imperium.
- Praefectus civitatis - This is essentially the same as the praefectus regionis, but instead of a regio, the praefectus civitatis is the head of a civitas, which is usually a subdivision of a regio. He is a member of the cohors praetoria and consilium provinciae and does not have imperium.
Praefectus rei publicae administrandae
- Head of the Officium Administrationis Publicae (Office of Public Administration) - Cn. Cornelius Lentulus.
- Italia - Praefectus Italiae - Cn. Cornelius Lentulus.
Praefecti vel legati regionum
- Regio Rostallonensis - Praefectus Regionis Rostallonensis - C. Villius Vulso
- Regio Marcomannia - Legatus Regionis Marcomanniae - Sex. Lucilius Tutor
- Civitas Boihaemum - Praefectus Civitatis Boihaemi - Ti. Iulius Nerva
- Regio Lusitania - Praefectus Regionis Lusitaniae - C. Cocceius Spinula
nb: For details on the vacant regions, contact the governor of the provincia for details.
Praefectus auxilio civili
- Head of the Officium Auxilii Civilis Novae Romae (Civilian Aid and Rescue Office of Nova Roma) - C. Artorius Praeconinus.