Marca Hortensia Maior Fabiana Faustina (Nova Roma)
M. Hortensia Maior became a Nova Roman citizen a.d. XIII Kal. Iun. ‡K. Fabio T. Labieno cos. ‡ MMDCCLVI a.u.c. and as a senatrix, flamen and magistrate, was one of the most active citizens of the Res Publica Nova Romana until she renounced her citizenship a.d. VI Id. Sep. ‡P. Memmio K. Buteone (II) cos. ‡ MMDCCLXIII a.u.c..
Evolution of a famous Nova Roman name
Originally known, for a few days before obtaining her Nova Roman citizenship (because in May-July it seemed her citizenship would be approved with this name, but it wasn't) as Urania Calidia Antonina, she officially obtained citizenship as Pomponia Fabia Vera Attica, but, as an effort to make her name better fit classical standards, changed name to Septima Fabia Vera Fausta a.d. V Kal. Mar. ‡Cn. Salvio Cn. Equitio cos. ‡ MMDCCLVII a.u.c., and further classicized it to Sp. Fabia Vera Fausta prid. Kal. Apr. ‡ . Soon she got adopted by M. Arminius Maior Non. Iun. ‡ and became Sp. Arminia Fabiana Veriana Fausta (also used as Verana) for a short time , but she immediately adjusted her name as M. Arminia Maior Fabiana to fit Roman conventions for adoptive names Non. Quin. ‡Cn. Salvio Cn. Equitio cos. ‡ MMDCCLVII a.u.c.. After the gens reform, she created the gens Hortensia and finalized her name as M. Hortensia Maior a.d. VIII Kal. Feb. ‡Fr. Apulo C. Laenate cos. ‡ MMDCCLVIII a.u.c., working and obtaining fame under this name. After her resignation from citizenship, she returned to her previous name Septima Fabia Vera Fausta.
She was a writer and producer of Vox Romana podcast.
Hortensia Maior made many contributions to this site.
- from L. Arminio Ti. Galerio cos. ‡ MMDCCLX a.u.c. to P. Memmio K. Buteone (II) cos. ‡ MMDCCLXIII a.u.c.
- a m. Martio Cn. Salvio Cn. Equitio cos. ‡ MMDCCLVII a.u.c.
- ad m. Aprilem Fr. Apulo C. Laenate cos. ‡ MMDCCLVIII a.u.c.
- Flaminica Carmentalis
- from October M. Moravio T. Iulio cos. ‡ MMDCCLXI a.u.c. to P. Memmio K. Buteone (II) cos. ‡ MMDCCLXIII a.u.c.
- Sacerdos Mentis
- from M. Moravio T. Iulio cos. ‡ MMDCCLXI a.u.c. to P. Memmio K. Buteone (II) cos. ‡ MMDCCLXIII a.u.c.
- Scriba Censoris Buteonis iuris et investigatio: Fr. Apulo C. Laenate cos. ‡ MMDCCLVIII a.u.c.
- Scriba Censoris Buteonis iuris et investigatio: Cn. Salvio Cn. Equitio cos. ‡ MMDCCLVII a.u.c.
- Magna Mater
- Cultus Apollonis
- Aedes Fortunae Populi Novi Romani Quiritium Primigeniae (Nova Roma)
- Reading list for the cultus deorum
- Religio Romana
- Roman laws
- Religion and law
- Aedes Mentis (Nova Roma)
- Bona Dea
- Childbirth (Nova Roma)
- Children (Nova Roma)
- Reading list for philosophy
- Flaminica Dialis
- Sibylline Books stub
- Pagan Heroes and Martyrs
- ↑ http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Nova-Roma/message/21736
- ↑ http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Nova-Roma/message/24519